CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

yay for preschool!

Well, today was Owen's first day of Preschool....the PreK class. He has been asking me almost every day since his preschool dismissed for the summer when he was going back. Thank goodness that day was today! I don't think I could have told him "not today, but soon" one more time. Especially since his response was usually a dramatic whine and sometimes throwing his body onto the floor in a fit.
O has the same teacher as last year, so I think he felt comfortable. Not that I anticipated any problems with O anyway. He loves to cuddle and snuggle and get his lovin', but he is otherwise not a clingy kid. As I was leaving, I saw a mom in the parking lot absolutely hysterically crying. I felt bad for her. I adore my kids, but I love the break I have while they are in school!
While O was at school, Ella girl and I went to the bank and then to the mall to walk around. I had good intentions on not spending any money, but McDonald's sweet tea was screaming my name. And then I caught a whiff of something good. A new Bath & Body Works scent. Black Amythyst. Described as: "a sophisticated blend of Italian bergamont and rare camellias seductively layered with exotic sandalwood and a surprising twist of vetiver. Sexy. Modern. Glamorous." Huh. I think it smells pretty good! I got a creamy body wash and a body spray, as well as a free lip lacquer. Yay for buying something for ME for a change!!!

Last night I got pissed at the frying pan while cooking dinner. The pan has seen better days, and the non-stick coating is long gone. Which means the chicken I was cooking was sticking....seriously. I informed my husband that we either went out after dinner and bought a new pan or he was going to be taking us out to eat every night because I refuse to cook another meal in that pan! Off to LNT we went! So I picked out a nice new frying pan. Woohoo! Then we went to Bruster's. Oh for the love of ice cream! Chris is boring and got a strawberry milkshake....he knows that drives me crazy. A menu board full of wonderful treats and lots of unique flavors and the man gets a strawberry shake. Whatever. I got an apple dumpling sundae. Oh yeah baby! That's good stuff!

We didn't do anything for labor day. We didn't really do much the entire weekend! On Friday, I talked Chris into taking us to Friendly's for dinner. He got home from work early, which I LOVE! First we went to Kohl's to see if they had any good deals. Did they ever! I got 11 outfits for Ella baby for next year, and a new pair of Nike sneakers for Cole, and my bill was UNDER $40!! We saved over $126!! I love sales!! :) For the rest of the weekend, we just did stuff around the house. I mopped the kitchen floor (I'm not admitting when that was last done!), we shampooed the living room carpet and then rearranged the furniture. I'm happy with the outcome! Chris cleaned out and organized the garage. I did all of the laundry. Chris prepped an unfinished table we plan on staining and putting in our foyer. And in between all that, we were lazy.

0 comments: