CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A no-good, totally rotten, crappy kind of day....

UGH! You know those days when you wish you would have just stayed in bed? Yep, I'm havin' one! First of all, I got up and got the boys ready for school. Checked outside and realized I'd have to warm the van up cause there was ice covering it. So out the door we go...about 15 minutes before Cole has to get the bus. I'm thinking I'm doing all right. Until I try to scrape some of the ice off the windshield. I'm not getting anywhere. Matter of fact, Cole missed the bus and was late getting to school. By the time I got the ice off the car well enough to see while driving, over 40 minutes had passed. Yes, that's right 40 friggin minutes!!! And I was soaked because it was raining. Yay! So I dropped Cole off at school, and then straight to preschool for Owen.

Then I get home and open the fridge for something, and see gross meat blood EVERYWHERE. Seriously, it looked like an animal exploded in the fridge! On the door, on the shelves, and on the bins as well as on the "floor" of the fridge. Bleh! Apparently my husband got a roast out to thaw for dinner this week. Well, it wasn't on a plate/in a bowl, so when it thawed out completely, the "juice" leaked out of the freezer bag. Damn. I HATE cleaning out the fridge!

THEN, I go pick Owen up from school. We get home and as we come in the house I realize I smell something funky. What's that smell? The trash went out last night, so it's not that. The sink only has a few dishes in it, so that's out. What could it be? So Owen goes over to the pantry to get out the stuff he'd like for lunch, and tells me that someone spilled soda on the floor. Huh? Look, he says. I walk over to the pantry, and there is the horror. A rogue potato must have been hidden in the back corner and has totally rotted to the point where it's leaking "juice." Yum. One more nasty mess I get to clean up.

THEN we get lunch taken care of, and the phone rings. Caller ID says it's Cole's school. Oh shit! I answer and it's the principal calling. Apparently Cole decided to "share" his hand sanitizer by putting it in 2 boy's lunches. WHAT?!?!? The principal actually thought the whole event was sort of funny, and knew that Cole didn't understand that the sanitizer could potentially harm the kids. She said everything/everyone is fine, but she just needed me to be aware of the situation. Ugh!!

So all this crap, and it's not even 2pm yet. Add that to the fact that it's supposed to snow tonight and I have to work. Someone shoot me, please!

0 comments: